PARKS AND WILDLIFE CODE
TITLE 7. LOCAL AND SPECIAL LAWS
CHAPTER 284. DIMMIT, EDWARDS, FRIO, KENEDY, LLANO, MAVERICK, REAL, UVALDE, AND ZAVALA COUNTIES
Sec. 284.001. DISCHARGE OF FIREARM PROHIBITED. (a) In this section:
(1) "Archery equipment" means a longbow, recurved bow, compound bow, or crossbow.
(2) "Firearm" has the meaning assigned by Section 62.014.
(3) "Navigable river or stream" has the meaning assigned by Section 90.001.
(b) This section applies only to a navigable river or stream located wholly or partly in Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Kenedy, Llano, Maverick, Real, Uvalde, or Zavala County.
(c) Except as provided by Subsection (d), a person may not discharge a firearm or shoot an arrow from any kind of bow if:
(1) the person is located in or on the bed or bank of a navigable river or stream at the time the firearm is discharged or the arrow is shot from the bow; or
(2) any portion of the ammunition discharged or arrow shot could physically contact the bed or bank of a navigable river or stream.
(d) This section does not apply to:
(1) an individual acting in the scope of the individual's duties as a peace officer or department employee;
(2) the discharge of a shotgun loaded with ammunition that releases only shot when discharged; or
(3) an individual engaging in fishing using archery equipment, if the individual is in compliance with Subsection (f).
(e) This section does not limit the ability of a license holder to carry a concealed handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code.
(f) An individual engaging in fishing using archery equipment may not possess while fishing:
(1) an arrow equipped with fletching of any kind;
(2) an unbarbed arrow; or
(3) a bow that is not equipped with a reel and line.
Added by Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 272, Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2005.
Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 583, Sec. 1, eff. June 17, 2011.